After installing Drupal, let's go on to building our site.
Let's try to understand first the structure of our site. This way we'll learn faster and create a robust website. After that we can use our time to think about the site appearance. There is an extra advantage in this approach: some of the elements people often think of as merely aesthetic are actually part of the website content. That is true for banners and backgrounds, for instance, that may better integrate with the site content if treated as a part of it, instead as if they were mere frames.
Let's go on: here are the proposed steps:
- understand how our content will be organized.
- build the content types that will be used.
- build the views for these content types.
- test the site creating content and searching for ways to improve it.
- build custom functionalities necessary.
- build the looks of the website